“In what is being seen as a backlash against the hijab,nightclubs in Cairo are refusing to allow hijab-wearing women in.
In trendy clubs and cafes across Cairo the hijab is increasingly being shunned as unacceptable dress.Several bars and restaurants where alcohol is served now essentially ban veiled women from entering.The policy is more open in some places than others but seems to apply to at least half a dozen Cairo venues.”
This raises certain questions:
- Is Egypt an Islamic nation or no?
- Is there a common Arab culture?
- Are all Arabs Islamic?
- Can a nation have only Islamic people & none others?
- Is multi-faith worship acceptable among Arab nations?
- What exactly is the dress code for women, as prescribed and accepted by Islam?
- Is the world looking towards Islam in a biased way, due to the fact that their dress code makes them Islamic & look separate from the others?
Well these are just common questions that come to the mind to anybody from outside the Arab / Islamic community.
Afterall one should respect all faiths.