For all those of you who missed the action oon TV.
Archive for the ‘extreme sports’ Category
After travelling 15 million miles and taking 718 Concorde flights to 139 countries, a Brit tourist has become the world’s most travelled man.
Wealthy Fred Finn holds the official record for the most miles travelled by a passenger after visiting an incredible 70 per cent of the world’s 196 nations.
Fred has spent 52 years travelling the globe, during which he has covered 15 million miles the equivalent of travelling to the moon and back 31 times.
He has kept a detailed log of every flight and train journey he has taken, which he had counter-signed by each driver and pilot to verify his achievement.
Fred said, “I have no desire to visit any new counties now. I’ve been to more places than I could ever dream of and don’t really want to visit the remaining ones.” Fred has estimated he has flown across the Atlantic over 2,000 times.
Ahmed, a rich guy, loved fast cars and he did have a few in his
possession. He loved to speed and could not be bothered about breaking
speed limits. Many a times he was caught by the cops and speed radars,
fined, but still he never bothered until. One day as he was driving at
a very high speed as usual, he saw a cop following him. The cop
overtook him finally and asked him to stop and checked his license. He
then took out his pad and started writing, and then handed over the
sheet of paper to Ahmed. How much was this one going to cost?!!! Wait
a minute. What was this???? Some kind of joke? Certainly not a ticket.
Ahmed began to read:
Once upon a time I had a lovely daughter. She was six when killed by a car.You
guessed it – a speeding driver’s car. A fine and three months in jail,
and the man was free. Free to hug his three daughters. I only had one,
and I’m going to have to wait until Heaven, before I can ever hug her again.
A thousand times I’ve tried to forgive that man. A thousand times
I thought I had. Maybe I did, but I need to do it again. Even now. Pray
for me.. And be careful, Ahmed, my son is all I have left.”
Ahmed turned around in time to see the cop’s car pull away and head
down the road. He watched until it disappeared. A full 15 minutes
later, he too, pulled away and drove slowly home, praying for
forgiveness and hugging a surprised wife and kids when he arrived. Life
is precious. Handle it with care.
So drive safe. Definitely speed thrill, but remember, IT ALSO KILLS.
What is a good or perfect archer? Was Robin Hood a great one?
Well this video gives you the prefect example of a perfect archer. Watch the arrow go thru that hollow steel tube of another slightly thicker arrow. A shot that made the day for that archer and all he did was give a ‘perfect’ little smile. ENJOY !!!
Here is the link to watch the live telecast on your laptop / PC.
Be sure to have a decent internet speed to watch the action live.
Select the match and select any of the multiple links which takes you to the telecast from multiple channels, such as ESPN, FOX, etc.
So ENJOY !!!
1. There is no problem that cannot be overcome by violence.
2. You can overcome most adversaries simply by having enough quarters.
3. If it moves, KILL IT!
4. Piloting any vehicle is simple and requires no training.
5. One lone “good guy” can defeat an indeterminate number of “bad guys.”
A. “Bad guys” move in predictable patterns.
B. Except for “bosses,” most “bad guys” can be dispatched with one hit.
C. You often fare better against a large mob of “bad guys” then against a “boss” in one on one combat.
6. “Bosses” always hire henchmen weaker then they are to do their ‘muscle work’.
7. If you see food lying on the ground, eat it.
8. You can smash things and get away with it.
A. Smashing things doesn’t hurt.
B. Many nice things are hidden inside other things.
9. Cybernetics are our friends.
10. When driving, you can knock other vehicles off the road and get away with it.
11. If someone dies, they disappear.
12. Money is frequently found lying on the streets.
13. All shopkeepers carry high-tech weaponry.
14. If you get mad enough, you can fight even better than normal.
15. If it’s on the ground, you should get it.
16. Repulsive, ugly, cannabalistic, evil beings have just as much right to be loved as heroic fighters.
17. The operation of a weapon is a simple and obvious procedure.
18. You never run out of ammunition, just grenades.
19. No matter how long you fight, you can always fight again.
20. Death is reversible (but only for you!)
21. Ninjas are common, and fight in public frequently.
22. Whenever huge fat evil men are about to die, they begin flashing red or yellow.
23. When you are born, you drop out of the sky (a stork?) and are completely invincible for a short time.
24. Although the enemy always has more aircraft than you, they fly in elaborate patterns which make it easier for you to shoot them all down.
25. All martial arts women wear revealing clothes and have great bodies.
26. All martial arts men have rippling muscles and angry expressions.
27. The enemy always leaves weapons or power-ups lying around for no reason other than so their bitter enemy can pick them up and defeat them with it.
28. Shoot everything. If it blows up or dies, it was evil. If it doesn’t, try and pick it up— it was probably a power-up or bonus.
29. Carpe diem! You only live three times!
30. The most powerful fighters always wait until you have achieved a near-impossible, flawless win record and/or killed a certain number of opponents before they appear in your presence and beat the crap out of you.
31. You sustain injury if you shoot innocents.
32. A hundred-to-one odds against you is NOT a problem.
33. Gang members frequently all look the same, and often have the same names.
34. When racing vehicles, do not worry if your vehicle crashes and explodes. A new vehicle will appear in its place.
At the 30th birthday of PacMan, Google honored it by changing its logo.
PacMan sort of started the gaming culture addition. This is one of the first ones that may people addictive. Even today, people enjoy it for its simplicity and to test their dexterity. It is game which is sort of immortal and enjoyed by people of all ages, from 3 to 100+.
The game was developed primarily by a young Namco employee Tōru Iwatani, over a year, beginning in April 1979, employing a nine-man team.
Did you know the names of the Four monsters roam the maze, trying to catch Pac-Man – they are Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde
Pac-Man technically has no ending—as long as the player keeps at least one life, he or she should be able to continue playing indefinitely.
The character’s shape was inspired by a pizza missing a slice.
The Killer List of Videogames lists Pac-Man as the #1 video game on its “Top 10 Most Popular Video games” list.
Its not only the Gulf Road, here in Kuwait. Even the SZR (Sheikh Zayad Road), Dubai has turned into an avenue for Formula 1 racing and daring stunts; it seems.
Look at this video for more explanation
It looks like the World War 3 – Iran v/s Rest of the World has started at the UN conference.
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad entered into a war of words, calling the other nation’s nuclear capability as the principal threat to international stability.
Ahmadinejad fired the first salvo at a special UN conference on the global nuclear non-proliferation regime Monday, accusing the US of leading a skewed international system that seeks to deny peaceful nuclear power to developing nations while allowing allies such as Israel to stockpile atomic arms.
Demanding that the world’s nuclear-weapons states agree to a clear timetable for the disbandment of their arsenals, Ahmadinejad said: “The possession of nuclear bombs isn’t a source of pride; it is disgusting and rather shameful.”
“And even more shameful is the threat to use or to use such weapons, which isn’t even comparable to any crime committed throughout the history.”
Sadly rather than confronting him with a suitable reply, the leaders walked out.
SHAME! SHAME!! SHAMEFULL!!!
What he said is a fact, that he made explicit to the UN & the world. US may be a superpower and maybe the other nations lookup to it for something. But the fact remains that the US has the largest stockpile of Nuclear War heads and is strategically supporting Israel (who has some nuclear warheads and is the main bone of contention in the Middle East peace process).
It is a great opportunity for brokering world peace, given the initiative taken by Ahmadinejad to come to the UN Nuke meet and clarify Iran’s stand on nuclear power vis-a-vis the world.
Rather than grabbing the opportunity to break the ice and arrive at a consensus on nuclear weapons and energy, it is very much shameful, that the world leader, walked out on him, rather than putting their defense.
It this opportunity is lost, the nuclear issue across the world will be pushed back into troubled waters, with Iran carrying back bitter memories of the UN meet.
Is it that the leaders are bribed by Arms Lobby into derailing the UN Nuke meet, so that their business does not suffer?
Well what ever the reasons, I think President Obama should attend the meet and shake hands with Ahmednijad & understand Iran’s stand negotiate peace. Afterall, he has always said that “Dialogues are better ice-breakers, rather than swords”.
The world is going to blame the world leaders for walking out rather than coming to a table to arrive at a consensus which can foster world peace.
Lord, GOD, Allah – give the world leaders sense to make the world a peaceful playground, as YOU had intended.